- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Bangalore
- Reports to: CTO
- Number of Openings: 1
The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into a game while respecting the project’s artistic vision and technical constraints.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline for all art assets that support rapid iterations
- Develop and maintain tools to help designers and artists bring their visions to life
- Develop and maintain asset budgets and optimization best practices for a class-leading mobile shooter
- Develop and maintain tools and best practices to reduce draw calls in large maps on mobile devices
- Develop and maintain high-performance shaders and lighting solutions for maps, props, and other assets
- Expertise with major 3D software suites (Maya, ZBrush, Modo, Mixamo, MotionBuilder, Houdini, etc.)
- Experience with industry-standard game asset pipeline tools such as Simplygon and Bakery is a big plus
- Experience with Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline, Light probes, and Lightmaps a big plus
- Ability to analyze and optimize performance issues
- The ability to write shaders for Unity URP is a big plus
- Knowledge of Character Rigging and Animation for Unity is a big plus
- Experience Window: 5+ years
Experience on at least 3 mobile game titles full life cycle and as a technical artist
- Skill: Ability to optimize art in engine, optimize art pipeline, and create tools to automate manual processes
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously, and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form.
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule several video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials, including work computer, monitor, and other accessories, for you to start.