- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote (eventually Bangalore, India)
- Reports To: CTO (for now)
- Number of Openings: 1
The Technical Artist acts a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Work with designers, modelers and programmers to create 3D art and bring it into the engine
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Research and built technical tools for the project
- Working within the limit of the game engine, file sizes, poly count for mobile platform
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Expert in modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Ability to work with technical documentation;
- Experience in building shaders in 3D modeling tools / Unity Game engine
- Experience: Experience on at least 3 mobile game titles full life cycle and as an art director on at least 2
- Skill: Ability to optimize art in engine, optimize art pipeline, and create tools to automate manual processes
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India (likely after 1 year of remote work)
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below. Alternatively you can also email your resume to [email protected] In the Cover Letter section pls just include links to your art portfolio.
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter. We will also agree on an initial 30/60/90 day plan to begin your journey at LILA Games.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.