- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Reports To: CTO & Art Director
- Number of Openings: 1
This role will foremost own the creation of high fidelity 3rd person character animations that align with the vision of the game. This role will be hands-on in directing and creating animations, working with artists and designers to define the right feelings and working with engineers to implement those feelings in the game.
Own the rigging, animations and the pipeline
- Use Hand-Keyed techniques to create and edit 3rd person animations that invoke emotions.
- Develop and maintain multiple character rigs for a 3rd person Shooter game.
- Work with the tech art and engineering team to establish the animation pipeline and implement animations in engine.
- Review the character creation pipeline, to improve and dictate what is needed to get best performance for different platforms.
- Drive external art partners to ensure that quality and technical requirements are being met.
Collaborate with other departments to contribute to the creative vision
- Collaborate with art and design teams to create the style of animations for key gameplay systems.
- Collaborate with Character Art team to ensure all assets are suitable for rigging and animation.
- Drive the collaboration between engineers, character artists and tech artists to solve problems and ensure alignment.
- Required: A portfolio demonstrating your previous animation work in the games industry or personal.
- Experience with organic and mechanical rigging, especially for mobile platforms.
- Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
- Experience with advanced animation systems, especially in Unity, such as animation blend trees and state machines.
- Experience in mobile gameplay animation, bonus if third-person shooter titles.
- Bonus: Experience with tools like Mixamo and Motion Builder.
- Bonus: Experience with Motion capture animations.
- Expert ability in Hand-Keyed Animation with strong Maya animation experience.
- Ability to rig 3D characters and provide feedback to rigs provided by external partners.
- Knowledge of how to create gameplay animations that ‘feel’ good.
- Ability to take tasks to completion with feedback and high fidelity results.
- Be able to balance creative goals with production requirements.
- Ability to work with multiple people and disciplines to complete tasks.
- Bonus: Deep understanding of Unity engine art pipeline.
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India (likely sometime in February 2022)
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Form: Fill out this form to begin: http://bit.ly/3oNyDf6
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected.
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details.
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.