- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote (eventually Bangalore, India)
- Reports To: CTO
- Number of Openings: 1
The HR & Operations Manager directly implements and optimizes the hiring, administration, and training programs for LILA employees. In addition, the manager ensures the successful operations of LILA’s employee workplace, company financial matters, social programs, and external/social media communications.
WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR VENDOR MANAGERS! We are seeking someone who is willing to do direct outreach to candidates, design and optimize performance and compensation programs, create learning initiatives, and study the latest best practices in the industry directly!
If you are used to just managing external vendors THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU!
- Recruiting & Onboarding:
- Directly handles recruiting and onboarding of new LILA employees including both internal recruiting efforts and working with external recruiting firms, the interview process, employee onboarding, and the acquisition and distribution of equipment and supplies for employees.
- Helps communicate, manage, and enforce HR policies throughout the company
- Once we are ready to move to our new office in Bengaluru once India is COVID-safe (likely towards the end of 2021), this role will be responsible for helping scout, negotiate, and manage a new office location for the company
- May be responsible for financial matters including interfacing with external accounting and audit firms, paying invoices, and dealing with other legal, tax, regulatory, and other matters that may arise.
- Tech & Social:
- Someone who can help manage our website, social media, and external communication with PR firms and external news channels
- Someone who can help edit and publish videos and podcasts made by LILA employees
- Help create presentations if possible
- Personality: Strong and influential personality to help communicate LILA company values, positively promote the LILA brand, and to be able to boss around LILA employees when necessary including the co-founders
- Spreadsheets: Good quantitative skill with proficiency in building clean, well organized, and readable spreadsheets
- Negotiation: Ability to negotiate terms with various external vendors
- General Technical: Good enough technical skill to update website using WordPress, ability to use audio/video editing software, and product management software like Monday.com to manage our recruiting pipeline, ability to create presentation materials using Google Slides
- Hands-on: You are someone who is hands-on and will not just manage external vendors.
- Disciplined and Hits Deadlines: You have extreme discipline, are great at planning, and hit all of your deadlines.
- Massive Execution: You massively execute and are able to accomplish more than others would think possible.
- Lifelong Learner: You are a continuous learner and continue to learn and update your knowledge on HR best practices.
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India (initial work-from-home until India is COVID safe, likely end of 2021)
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below. Alternatively you can also email your resume to [email protected] In the Cover Letter section pls just include links to your art portfolio.
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter. We will also agree on an initial 30/60/90 day plan to begin your journey at LILA Games.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.