Lead Unity Developer – FPS Shooter Game Project
- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote (eventually Banglalore, India)
- Reports To: CTO
- Number of Openings: 1
We are looking for ambitious and driven developers who wants to build a world class game. You should be comfortable with solving complex problems, taking initiatives and coming up with creative solutions. This position will be responsible for implementing highly performant and optimised features on a new, unannounced FPS shooter game. TheLead Unity Developer will work as part of the engineering team developing game in Unity.
- Work with Project manager and designers to understand the feature and help break down the tasks for the team
- Work closely with designers, artists and backend developers to implement the functionality
- Regularly run profiler to maintain performance and quality of code
- Participate and organise code reviews
- Ensure best possible performance, quality and stability of the game
- Work on live ops tools, editor tools and automations
- Expert knowledge of Unity game engine and history of shipping commercially successful games
- Ability to estimate and plan tasks and features.
- Understanding of multithreading, async and thread safe code
- Good at profiling the game and identifying the bottlenecks and performace hickups
- Follows the best practices and guidelines and comes up with better ways of solving problems
- Understanding of Data oriented approach and new Unity DOTS
- Understanding of backend / networking is plus
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India (likely after 1 year of remote work)
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume to [email protected] (no cover letter necessary)
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter. We will also agree on an initial 30/60/90 day plan to begin your journey at LILA Games.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.