As Lead 3D Artist on our team, you will be responsible for leading the art team in the development of high-quality art assets while ensuring adherence with the creative vision of the game.
What you will do:
- Help establish, develop and maintain the game artistic style and visual quality
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful teamwork, giving feedback and direction where needed
- Work closely with the game director, product owner, designers, and engineers to establish the production pipeline and best practices for the game
- Create and maintain the brand/art style guides and technical documentation
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints
- Evaluate, expand, and maintain asset creation pipelines and processes.
- Present and carry through new innovative ideas for raising the visual bar and improving technology.
- Mentor, educate, and share your subject matter expertise with the team to instill best practices.
- 4+ years of professional experience in video games and/or at least two shipped titles.
- Ability to assess the content scope and ensure successful delivery of content on tight deadlines.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills – 3D modeling, texturing and lighting
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator and mentor with a proactive approach to collaboration and feedback from others
- Excellent communication skills, never afraid to ask questions and to help teammates with answering their own
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max/Maya and Photoshop, with an ability to learn new tools
- Outstanding problem-solving skills regarding creative, technical, and production issues, while keeping a professional, calm, and composed demeanor.
- Experience working in various game engines.
- Passion for playing and making video games.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Understanding version control and project management tools.