- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote (eventually Banglalore, India)
- Reports To: CCO
- Number of Openings: 1
In Engine Work
- Pitch, collaboratively design & own maps from inception to completion to post-launch.
- Deeply understand desired player experience goals and create designs that take it to next level(pun not intended).
- Design, prototype, and iterate on levels in parallel with the development of our core gameplay.
- Implement gameplay elements and level features working closely with the design team as well as other disciplines.
- Placement of items, weapons, and level features.
- Playtest the game and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
Level Design Knowledge
- Ensure the level design of the game embodies a Live product philosophy, capable of regular updates and malleable to key design changes if necessary.
- Research and be intimately familiar with the game’s subject matter, locations, and architecture.
- Keep up to date with the bleeding edge of level design trends within video game development and own solutions that will innovate both the player experience and the creative development of the product.
- Create high level principles and best practices for future level design work.
- Work collaboratively with the CCO and Design team to create a great holistic experience
- Understand how level design impacts other areas of the game and collaborate deeply with other disciplines.
- Be an equal voice within the design team for making both large- and small-scale decisions throughout the project
- Capable of producing 3D level block-outs in Maya, Unity quickly for iteration.
- Proficient in a Major 2D Imaging Package (Photoshop / Illustrator).
- Able to communicate complex level design concepts to the entire team.
- Experience building maps, levels, or worlds. AAA, action, or shooter spaces – multiplayer experience preferred.
- Familiar with fundamental map-building concepts: flow, landmarking, scale, visibility, metrics.
- Ability to thoughtfully critique and evaluate 3D spaces
- Understanding of how art, colour, lighting, composition, etc. can complement gameplay design
- Comfortable with rapid iteration based off feedback from many sources: peer review, data analytics, player surveys, etc.
- Filter feedback into concrete and actionable improvements.
- Clear understanding of the iterative level design process from inception all the way to post-ship support.
- Apply: Send in your resume. A cover letter is not required but a portfolio of Level Design work is necessary.
- First Call: A casual conversation about your background, and more information about us and the role.
- Assignment: Breakdown of a level/map. We will give you a few options of games when we reach this stage.
- Assignment pt. 2: A panel interview. Presenting the breakdown of the above level/map to the CCO, CTO and PM.
- Final Interviews: Interview with the founders and other team members to ensure our ambitions and goals match.
Job Category: Design
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangalore