- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote (eventually Banglalore, India)
- Reports To: CCO or Lead Game Designer
- Number of Openings: 1
The LILA Games Game Designer, Design Author has one goal: translating the vision of game design into the most efficient, effective, and usable documentation for engineering. Documentation can take any form: written text, visuals, UI/UX wires, data schema, spreadsheets, feature prototype, etc.
- Design specification:
- Design Specification Structure: You will coordinate with design team and under the supervision of LILA’s CCO translate the vision of design team into design specification documents. We are currently inventing a new kind of design specification and you will be ultimately responsible for iterating the structure, level of detail, and coverage of information to be usable by engineering.
- Written Specification: You will be responsible for writing clear and concise prose that defines and describes game features within the design specifications. Hence, while design team may also write some of the specifications, you will need to be the best writer in the team.
- Technical Requirements: You will be responsible for understanding technical requirements and including documentation where necessary around technical details that will be helpful for engineering.
- Translating Holistic Design to Incremental Engineering Requirements:
- You will bridge the holistic design vision from your game design team to the specific needs of engineering so that engineering team works as efficiently as possible.
- You will coordinate with engineering to iterate on specifications that have the appropriate:
- Scope and level of detail
- Capture the holistic vision of design team
- Include design dependencies in other parts of the game
- Experience: Experience writing design specifications on at least 2 mobile game titles before
- You need to be a really good writer (meaning clear and concise)
- You need to be able to think in a very logical and structured way
- You need to be super organized and efficient
- You need to understand a lot of different game systems and gameplay especially in the Shooter genre
- You need to understand Unity game development at a basic level and understand the kinds of information engineers will find helpful in design specifications
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India (likely after 1 year of remote work)
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below. Alternatively you can also email your resume to [email protected] In the Cover Letter section pls include a single page written design spec for a shooter game
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter. We will also agree on an initial 30/60/90 day plan to begin your journey at LILA Games.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.