- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Bangalore, India (Indiranagar)
- Reports to: TBD
- Number of Openings: 1
- Experience: 1-2 Years in Game Design or Game Development Production
Job DescriptionThe Game Design Manager will shadow Lila’s Chief Creative Officer and help manage game design team tasks and skills development.
More specifically, the Game Design Manager will:
- Design Backlog: Keep track of outstanding game design tasks and initiatives by working closely with Lila’s Chief Creative Officer. The Game Design Manager will ensure a comprehensive game design backlog of design tasks.
- Watch Schedule: Maintain the game design specification schedule and work with the game design team to proactively warn of upcoming issues or blockers and help the design team deliver specifications and build feedback on time.
- Communicate Game Design Vision: Understand the overall game design vision and work with a cross-functional team across art, engineering, and product to fill in context and explain game design where necessary.
- Game Design Team Skills Development: Own the game design team’s skills development program. The program will structure a game designer skills matrix and help game designers at Lila learn and grow in their knowledge of F2P game design. Help to build the curriculum and arrange training for game design at Lila.
- Producer Tasks: When necessary, the Game Design Manager will act as a game producer, for example, to coordinate with the engineering, product team, or art team when a game design has dependencies that impact those teams. The Game Design Manager may be asked to pull game references or to develop first-party accounts content (e.g., App Store screenshots, description, titles, etc.) when necessary.
- Personality: Strong and influential personality to influence and clearly communicate with anyone at Lila.
- Tools: Good technical capability and ability to masterfully use any of the tools we use at Lila including spreadsheets, Click-up, Confluence, Plastic SCM, etc.
- Hands-on: You are someone who is hands-on and willing to get things done very quickly.
- Disciplined and Hits Deadlines: You have extreme discipline, are great at planning, and hit all of your deadlines.
- Massive Execution: You massively execute and are able to accomplish more than others would think possible.
- Lifelong Learner: You are a continuous learner and continue to learn and update your knowledge on HR best practices.
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Before applying, please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously, and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below. Alternatively, you can also email your resume to [email protected]
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected.
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before signing your offer letter.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials, including work computer, monitor, and other accessories, for you to start.