Feature Game Designer – FPS Shooter Game Project
- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote (eventually Banglalore, India)
- Reports To: CCO or Lead Game Designer
- Number of Openings: 1
The LILA Games feature game designer designs, analyzes, and optimizes game features in our new mobile F2P mobile shooter game. You will understand specific game features as well as anyone on the planet earth and creatively iterate and design brand new features that will amaze and incite deep emotions in our players.
- Design specification:
- Visuals: You will create wireframes and mock-ups using Adobe Illustrator that clearly and simply convey game feature concepts to our engineering team
- Written Specification: You will write clear, concise, and as short and simple as possible prose that defines and describes game features
- Game Depth: You will play the shit out of our game, more than any other person in the company and know every detail as well as you know your mom. You will always have an opinion on how to specifically improve the game and you will always be asking QA why we need them because: “I already got it.”
- Shooter Depth: You will be one of the world’s foremost experts on F2P mobile shooters and will be able to explain why features are compelling and how features fit holistically into an overall game design. You will understand why specific game features work in specific games and the situational context for when and why they may or may not work in other games.
- Experience: Experience working on at least 2 mobile game titles as a feature designer full life cycle
- Skills: Adobe Illustrator, Google Presentations, Google Spreadsheet
- Approach: You should be highly structured and organized, you should strive to understand the player emotion and psychology associated with every feature, you should have a maniacal focus on understanding the entire set of game features in a holistic way including interactions between features and systems
- Games: Experience as a ranked competitive player in at least 1 shooter game
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India (likely after 1 year of remote work)
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below. Alternatively you can also email your resume to [email protected] In the Cover Letter section pls include the design of a single feature for any top grossing game that improves upon or replaces a feature. Also include your assumption of the impact of your feature to that game.
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter. We will also agree on an initial 30/60/90 day plan to begin your journey at LILA Games.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.