Backend Developer – FPS Shooter Game Project
- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote (eventually Banglalore, India)
- Reports To: CTO
- Number of Openings: 1
We are looking for a backend developer for a massive mobile shooter game. This is a complex game with lots of systems at work. We are using a Backend as a Service platform.
You will own the whole architecture from APIs to databases. It will be your responsibility to make sure we have a fully optimized backend infrastructure. Modeling APIs and data in the most efficient way for a high concurrent user base.
- Build scalable and optimised backend APIs / RPCs using GoLang
- Experience of working with relational databases. PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience of developing and maintaining live services (troubleshooting, monitoring)
- Work with designers and developers to structure the APIs and database
- Implement Admin tools for live ops, events and economy tweaking
- Ensure that the backend is secure against hacks like tampering with API calls / data
- Help evaluate and improve backend architecture for the company
- Participate in code reviews
Experience Window: 2+ years on GoLang
- Expert knowledge in GoLang
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms like AWS/Azure/GCP
- Strong familiarity of system design, algorithms and data structures
- Experience of writing APIs and cloud database
- Experience in CI/CD environments
- Bonus: Experience of real time multiplayer backend / networking / Games is plus
- Bonus: Experience of any BAAS platform (Nakama/Playfab/Gamesparks)
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India (likely by January 1, 2022)
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume to [email protected] (no cover letter necessary)
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.