Backend Developer – FPS Shooter Game Project
- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote (eventually Banglalore, India)
- Reports To: CTO
- Number of Openings: 1
We are looking for a backend developer for a massive mobile shooter game. This is a complex game with lots of systems at work. It will require a fine tuned backend architecture which is performant and scalable. You will own the whole architecture from APIs to database. It will be your responsibility to make sure we have a fully optimised backend infrastructure. Modeling APIs and data in most efficient way for a high concurrent user base.
- Work with designers and client developers to structure the APIs and database
- Implement optimised API calls and data transferred over the wire
- Work with client side developers and come up with techniques to reduce the bandwidth usage
- Implement Admin tools for live ops, events and economy tweaking
- Ensure that the backend is secure against hacks like replay attack or tempering with API calls / data
- Help evaluate and improve backend architecture for the Company
- Participate in code reviews
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms like AWS/Azure/GCP
- Expert knowledge in any backend tech like JAVA, .NET Core , NodeJS, Python, Angular etc
- Strong familiarity of system design, algorithms and data structures
- Experience of writing APIs and cloud database
- Experience in CI/CD environments
- Bonus: Experience of realtime multiplayer backend / networking / Games is plus
- Bonus: Experience of any BAAS platform (Playfab/Gamesparks/Nakama etc)
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India (likely after 1 year of remote work)
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume to [email protected] (no cover letter necessary)
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter. We will also agree on an initial 30/60/90 day plan to begin your journey at LILA Games.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.