Art Director – FPS Shooter Game Project
- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote (eventually Banglalore, India permanently or at least 6 months/year)
- Reports To: CEO
- Number of Openings: 1
- Create the artistic vision for our new FPS mobile shooter game. Will work with a small and cross-functional team to help build an extremely ambitious game.
- We will have a small internal art team that will likely require training from you and we will likely have to work with outsourced studios as well. A strong opinion on how the team should be structured very welcome!
- This position requires both strategic and artistic vision along with a hands-on, operational level work ethic getting your hands dirty.
- Define the visual identity of the game
- Create required documents to efficiently and effectively communicate the art direction including an art style-guide, mood board, and/or other documents to direct internal and external artists for in-game assets, UI, and ad creatives
- Establish best practices and standards based on your actual real world experience, however, must also question and experiment with improving your existing practices
- Oversee art hiring, planning, and most importantly training and mentorship
- Review art assets, planning, and processes via reviews/retrospectives
- Overall ownership of the art quality in the game and the appropriateness of the art style against our game/audience
- Experience: Experience on at least 3 mobile game titles full life cycle and as an art director on at least 2
- Skill: Ability to create and oversee the creation of dope ass art people love
- Leadership: Experience managing both an internal and external art team
While we need our Art Director to define the artistic vision of the game. Some influences we currently really like include:
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India (likely after 1 year of remote work) we may also explore just having to spend a lot of time there without full relocation
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below. Alternatively you can also email your resume to [email protected] In the “Cover Letter” section pls just include links to your art portfolio and thoughts on how you would approach art style for a mobile shooter game.
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter. We will also agree on an initial 30/60/90 day plan to begin your journey at LILA Games.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.
Job Category: Art
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangalore